Lilly Wachowski (born December 29, 1967 as Andy Wachowski) is an American film director, writer and producer, most famous for creating the Matrix series together with her sister Lana Wachowski.
Lilly Wachowski is one of four sisters. Lilly was born to her mother Lynne Luckinbill (maiden name) and her father Ron Wachowski. Her other three sisters are Lana Wachowski, Laura and Julie. Julie is a screenwriter and novelist and assistant coordinator in the Wachowskis' film Bound.
Early Life Edit
Lilly Wachowski graduated from Whitney Young High School in 1985. She went on to attend Emerson College and dropped out before graduating two years later. Lily and Lana Wachowski, after both dropping out of college, opened a house painting business in Chicago. They also began writing for Marvel Comics during this time.
Around the mid-1990s they began writing for film. Warner Brothers bought the script, later allowing Brian Helgeland to rewrite it. "Assasins," directed by Richard Donner, was released in 1995.
Films (listed by date) Edit
- Assassins (1995)
- Bound (1996)
- The Matrix (1999)
- The Matrix Revisited (2001) Documentary
- The Animatrix (2003)
- The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- V for Vendetta (2005)
- Speed Racer (2008)
- Ninja Assassin (2009)
- Cloud Atlas (2012)
- Google Me Love (2014)
- Jupiter Ascending (2015)
- Cobalt Neural 9 (TBA)
Comic Books (listed by date) Edit
- The Matrix Comics (1994-2000)
- Doc Frankenstein (2004)
- Shaolin Cowboy (2004-2007)
- ↑ Bound. Directed by The Wachowskis, distributed by Gramercy Pictures and Summit Entertainment, 1996.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Miller, Mark (November 11, 2003). "Matrix Revelations". Wired News. Archived from the original on July 24, 2012.
- ↑ Horowitz, Josh. "The Lost Wachowski Brothers Interview". Asitecalledfred.com via web.archive.org. Archived from the original on July 25, 2012. Retrieved Oct 20, 2018.