Hello <<operative>>, if there's anything I can help with please feel free to leave me a message in a new section.
- 1 Movie footer
- 2 New Operator
- 3 Small Background Info
- 4 Vandalism
- 5 Project Piracy
- 6 Hovercraft
- 7 Wiki Enter the Matrix
- 8 Re: Thanks
- 9 Transmedia Storytelling
- 9.1 1) https://web.archive.org/web/20010626190051/http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com:80/cmp/cx_archive.html
- 9.2 2) https://web.archive.org/web/20010608194516fw_/http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com:80/cmp/comix_index.html
- 9.3 and in
- 9.4 3) https://web.archive.org/web/20010126142500/http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com:80/cmp/cx_archive.html )
- 10 Warner Bros. Entertainment Wiki
- 11 Hey
- 12 Keep this awesome job with the wiki :)
- 13 Re: Cleanup
- 14 I hope this finds you well
- 15 Hi im Ed
- 16 Hi
- 17 Hello!
- 18 Community Manager Introduction
- 19 New Analytics Dashboard
- 20 Re: Matrix 4
- 21 Fandom's Editor Rewards
- 22 Global Taxonomy
- 23 I need you to do two things for me, please
- 24 I need you to do two things for me, please
- 25 About that agent template...
- 26 Fandom update on the UCP
- 27 Wiki Anniversary
- 28 New book "Welcome to Our Real Matrix" soon to be published.
- 29 Welcome to Our Real Matrix
- 30 New FandomDesktop Skin
- 31 Thank you for everything!
A user recently nominated The Matrix for inclusion in our movie footer program. Would you be interested?
Raylan13 (talk) 16:26, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea to me Raylan13. I'll copy in the other admins, and top and recent editors to see if there's a consensus: what do you reckon Sclera1, Nisheeth, Eycestar, Морфеус, Darth Sauron, Dude984, Spencerian, FaNbOy1988, Peazeract, Xalbador Gliese 581C, Dumbassman, Bullet Francisco, AndrewBatman82, Jeyo, DreamPrincess2591, Yorpie, Warmachine375, Cascades1, Zombiejiger, Stealthghost, Itstheanomaly, Omnihallows? --xensyriaT 19:33, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I don't see any comments in the negative, so I'll go ahead and include The Matrix. If there's any issue, though, please let me know! Raylan13 (talk) 18:50, October 7, 2016 (UTC)
New Operator 
Hey Xensyria, I always coveted to talk with one of you guys, let me introduce myself, I am Xalbador, a bureaucrat on about 5 well known wikis i.e. Rickipedia, Night of the Demons, Rockstar Games GTA Vice City, Exorcist and the Sandlot Wiki. I've recently retired from GTA Myths Wiki, where I was considered a legend, taking the wiki to new heights of popularity but beside all these wikis, I've always yearned for being a co-bureaucrat with you guys, as you can see I've reached a respectable amount of edits that is over 1000 now and I'm continuously striving to accumulate more edits and pages to the wiki, I would love to share the privilege of being a b'crat on the wiki with a tremendous history of staff. Along with making a considerable amount of pages, I've also cleaned up the recent vandalism a couple of days ago. Other than that, my passion for the Matrix universe is over the top as I'm patrolling on the wiki of what is like 24/7.
- Thanks for huge number of edits you've done in the week you've been editing! Yep, we can be quite sporadic about admin stuff here, and any help with vandalism is always welcome. There are no hard and fast rules for admin & bureaucrat requests, but we normally tend to consider them after getting to know editors over a longer time frame. That said, I'd like to check with the rest of the admin team to hear their thoughts rather than make a unilateral decision. In the meantime, keep up the good work! --xensyriaT 22:45, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- You're absolutely right but we don't have any admins active other than you and by that I mean, they haven't been active for months and may have simply left the wiki, you can see their last contributions which were probably months or years ago, most of the users leaving wikia as a whole. That's why I came to you because you're the only active admin/b'crat left here but I respect your decision. 23:36, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Check this report below, no one has been active other than you, not only this, there's a 1/100 chance that they'll answer you, that's why I think it's time to recruit new b'crats to the wiki, so as to improve the administrative stability and consistency. In short, you're the only admin available on the Matrix wiki. 00:05, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
- A lot of the wiki as it currently stands was created by Sclera1 (who, as you can see, has been more active than me this year).
- The main problem seems to me that we get editors, like me, yourself, and the others I've tagged above, who do great work and are often the only ones really active at the time, but who then burn out, leaving the wiki unguarded from vandals and spammers for months at a time.
- The solution to this could be building a stronger community to keep editors doing occasional work rather than all-out blitzes, and perhaps granting admin rights to editors we trust (as a bureau elsewhere I guess you'll know these user rights all boil down to trust).
- For the longer term, yes, we will definitely need a strong team of people who identify and give these admin rights out, but (and let me know if you disagree), I don't think that's a problem at the moment.
- In the meantime, do you need admin rights to deal with spam, or anything else? --xensyriaT 12:01, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
- I absolutely acknowledge your notion that designating b'crats comes all down to trust and I respect that, that's what I do on a couple of other wikis as well, so I guess, I'll just edit here and I would love if you appoint me as an operator (only admin rights) so that I can make a few slight typos in the media wiki, lave the wiki in needed sections and several other implementations that might match the Matrix' digital code, out of all have the privilege to be a part of the stellar team and I'll always keep you updated, in this way, you can keep an eye on my activities and eventually, we can have that trust factor in the upcoming month/months, what do you say? :) -- 01:52, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
Small Background Info
Well, in order to get you know more about me and earn the trust factor, here's some of the stuff that is related to my contributions on different wikis:
- GTA Myths Wiki Hall Of Fame (under the name Ali Rocky, my previous user name)
- GTA Myths Wiki: Contributions
- Rickipedia: Contributions
- Night of the Demons: Contributions
- The Exorcist: Contributions
- Rockstar Games GTA Vice City: Contributions
- The Sandlot: Contributions
- Rickipedia: Adoption
- Night of the Demons: Adoption
- The Exorcist: Adoption
- Rockstar Games GTA Vice City: Adoption
- The Sandlot: Adoption (pretty old, back in 2014)
Our wiki was hit by a small time vandalism of a random Russian ip, this afternoon, I've renamed the page and added it in the vandalism category. Can you please block the ip and delete the page? I still don't have any admin rights to do so.
- Page: Vandalized Page
- Vandal: http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 11:15, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. I've moved the page back to the original name (along with the others you'd moved on Thursday – please don't move them in the future, tagging for deletion is enough, and makes it easier to review the deletion logs), deleted it and applied a block. I've also taken a look at the vandalism template you made (Template:Vandalism), and made it add the pages it's put on to Category:Pages for deletion and Category:Vandalism, so you don't have to add them as well. --xensyriaT 10:54, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. Please remember to sign your comments ;) --xensyriaT 10:59, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
- I renamed them because few of these recent pages were named on either racial, abusive or controversial terms. -- 11:19, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey Xen, I've made the piracy page, it took some elbow grease, research and of course a couple of bucks to purchase a few items but I've accomplished the task and it looks quite splendid, you can improvise stuff if you want, here's the link: Piracy. 13:29, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
- That's awesome, looking great! Always good to document this stuff, and must have taken loads of work. I'll try to add something on the various digital rips as and when I can. Cheers! --xensyriaT 09:40, September 21, 2016 (UTC)
In response to your edits on my pages, thanks for your comments. I would like a link to the behind-the-scenes of the Zion dock, and I am still trying to find a video of the hovercraft Vigilant so I can get an actual image of it into the Wiki.
Thanks a lot,
Wiki Enter the Matrix
Hi Xensyria \o
You have been added as an administrator on Wiki Enter the Matrix ^^
Thank you for adding me as Administrator of the Matrix Wiki ^^
Good work and good editions ;D
Note: Sorry for my english ^^
- lol, ok... --xensyriaT 14:55, May 17, 2017 (UTC)
How are you? I'm Yantibet, an academic researcher from Brazil. I'm doing an research about transmedia storytelling and Matrix universe is my study case.
I'd like to ask u if u can help me finding detailed information about those 5 comic books editions, from 3 first series to 2 last volumes, I mean, I cannot find which years they were lauched in oficial page, cause it was shut down by Warner Bros. already.
Can u help me, please?
I've just recently joined Wikia, and I'm still trying to understand how things work here. I'd like to colaborate to this plataform as soon I have results of my master's dissertation.
Thank you a lot!
Best regads. :)
Thanks for your help!
Yeah! I knew part of you said, but did not know yet about the new movie to be made, that's amazing! haha. I also took most of informations from Internet Archive, but I'm afraid some of those years could be wrong... I made my research in:
3) https://web.archive.org/web/20010126142500/http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com:80/cmp/cx_archive.html )
Part of my work is this (sorry not translating it fully to english, but my classification in 48 "unidades de fragmento narrativo" or 48 Units of Storytelling Fragments in form "#AB" I think is enough to get it. Is it?):
"Assim, este mosaico pode ser dividido em ao menos três grupos de linguagens principais, dentre a cinematográfica, a ludológica e a gráfico-visual, a citar:
a) o grupo cinematográfico subdividido em duas categorias, ao total de doze unidades (de #1 a #12): da categoria longa em live-action, composta por três unidades, dentre (#1) The Matrix (1999), (#2) The Matrix Reloaded (2003) e (#3) The Matrix Revolutions (2003); e da categoria longa de animação The Animatrix (2003), composta de nove unidades de curtas-metragens, a citar (#4) Final Flight of the Osiris (2003), (#5) The Second Renaissance Part I (2003), (#6) The Second Renaissance Part II (2003), (#7) Kid's Story (2003), (#8) Program (2003), (#9) World Record (2003), (#10) Beyond (2003), (#11) A Detective Story (2003), (#12) Matriculated;
b) o grupo gráfico-visual subdividido duas categorias, ao total de trinta e três unidades (de #13 a #45): uma unidade composta pela categoria livro (#13) The Art of The Matrix (2000), cujo conteúdo se refere a storyboards e artes conceituais do primeiro filme de 1999; e outras trinta e duas unidades (de #14 a #45) referentes à categoria quadrinhos da coletânia The Matrix Comics (1999-2004), composta por três séries parcialmente publicados originalmente no site oficial da franquia Matrix entre os anos de 1999 e 2003, classificadas como The Matrix Comics Series 1-3 como webcomics, que depois vieram a se tornar publicações impressas, nas edições em The Matrix Comics Volume 1-2 (esta última publicação impressa repete a maior parte das histórias em webcomics das três séries de quadrinhos originais, além de publicar histórias inéditas):
— The Matrix Comics Series 1 (1999), constituída de dez unidades (de #14 a #23), dentre as quais: (#14) Goliath (1999), (#15) System Freeze (1999), (#16) Sweating the Small Stuff (1999), (#17) (1999), The Man Who Knew Too Much (#18) Déjà Vu (1999), (#19) Morning Sickness (1999), (#20) Bits and Pieces of Information (1999), (#21) Wrong Number (1999), (#22) Farewell Performance (1999), (#23) A Life Less Empty (1999);
— The Matrix Comics Series 2 (2000–2002), constituída de doze unidades (de #24 a #35), dentre as quais: (#24) An Asset to the System (2002), (#25) A Path Among Stones (2002), (#26) There Are No Flowers in the Real World (2002), (#27) Broadcast Depth (2002), (#28) Butterfly (2001), (#29) Day In... Day Out (2001), (#30) Burning Hope (2001), (#31) The King of Never Return (2000), (#32) An Easy One (20??), (#33) Let It All Fall Down (2000), (#34) Get It? (2000), (#35) Run, Saga, Run (2001);
— The Matrix Comics Series 3 (2002–2003), constituída de cinco unidades (de #36 a #40), dentre as quais: (#36) The Miller's Tale (2003), (#37) Return of the Prodigal Son (2002), (#38) A Sword of a Different Color (20??), (#39) Hunters and Collectors (20??), (#40) Artistic Freedom (2003);
— The Matrix Comics Volume 1 (2003), constituída de doze unidades (todas as doze repetidas de ambas versões Series 1-3, com nenhuma história originalmente desta edição), dentre as quais: (#20’) Bits and Pieces of Information (2003), (#16’) Sweating the Small Stuff (2003), (#23’) A Life Less Empty (2003), (#14’) Goliath (2003), (#30’) Burning Hope (2003), (#28’) Butterfly (2003), (#38’) A Sword of a Different Color (2003), (#34’) Get It? (2003), (#26’) There Are No Flowers in the Real World (2003), (#36’) The Miller's Tale (2003), (#40’) Artistic Freedom (2003), (#39’) Hunters and Collectors;
— The Matrix Comics Volume 2 (2004) constituída de quatorze unidades (à exceção das cinco unidades inéditas #41, #42, #43, #44, #45, as outras nove repetidas de ambas versões Series 1-3), dentre as quais: (#22’’) Farewell Performance (2004), (#18’’) Déjà Vu (2004), (#15’’) System Freeze (2004), (#31’’) The King of Never Return, (#24’’) An Asset to the System (2004), (#25’’) A Path Among Stones (2004), (#35’’) Run, Saga, Run (2004), (#21’’) Wrong Number (2004), (#27’’) Broadcast Depth (2004), (#41) Who Says You Can't Get Good Help These Days? (2004), (#42) Saviors (2004), (#43) I Kant (2004), (#44) Doc Frankenstein (2004), (#45) Shaolin Cowboy (2004);
c) e o grupo ludológico subdividido em duas categorias, ao total de três unidades (de #46 a #48): sendo dois jogos da categoria offline, composta por (#46) Enter the Matrix (2003) e (#47) The Matrix: Path of Neo (2005); além da categoria jogo online, composta por (#48) The Matrix Online (2005)."
As you can see, I add the book "The Art of The Matrix" as a Metalinguistic Narrative as we can imagine all first movie again by means of its storyboard. (even through the cut scenes originally conceived in the original storyboard of the film made by the Wachowski sisters, get it?)
Is that correct? The years are precise? Is it incomplete in some way?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Wiki
Visit the Warner Bros. Entertainment Wiki. You can make The Matrix characters, locations and objects/weapons. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lucasmoura (talk • contribs) 01:17, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
I don't know if you remember me or not.
I'm the guy who made the Analyzing the Dock Scene. You helped a lot by giving me the link to a Behind-the-Scenes video. Thanks a lot for that.
Just sayin' hello.
- Yeah I remember you! Boldly going and figuring out that scene, and all that! Hope stuff's going well for ya irl! --xensyriaT 03:19, January 27, 2018 (UTC)
Keep this awesome job with the wiki :)
- Hi, thanks for your message on my talk page; welcome to the Matrix Wiki, and consider signing up for a Wikia account! Cheers, --xensyriaT 10:06, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
I hope this finds you well
I hope this finds you well. my name is Joseph. Im looking for people to connect with in my love for the matrix and in my questioning of reality.
im 26, Im not crazy. Im curious if you feel the same. much care yo.
- Hi, I would recommend the /r/Matrix and /r/TheMatrix subreddits, and MatrixFans.net. --xensyriaT 09:10, October 17, 2018 (UTC)
Hi! thank you so much for that attention and that thanks!
it is appreciated. You made yoursself very clear but i still have questions.
- You dont feel like acemic references are needed and I agree. I would still like to put them when i make edits. Is this okay? I feel like it makes things seemless. ALSO it is waaaaay easier than citing the scene. But I will also cite the scene too. Does every scene have a page? that'll be fun to make too.
- and second i have no idea what this means: "name=" parameters should ideally be 'human-readable' as well rather than just using numbers (e.g.name="reloaded-the architect" rather than name=":0") – it makes it easier for editors to figure out what you're citing without having to check back through the article to see which number refers to what (also makes it easier if the ref tags get put in a different order in a later edit)."
thank you again!
p.s. i dont know how to navigate your talk page so if you could leave one on my page ill def get it
Hi im Ed
Hi im Ed Nice to meet you Ive got a few questions would you be able to help me its about the movies mainly The first one is that if neo looks the way he does inside the matrix and then he comes out of the matrix and looks the same as he did in the matrix ..morthius says that this is rissidual self image ..but neo has never seen himself he has in morthiuses words never used his eyes own eyes before so would this negate thye possibility that neo is still inside the matrix he never woke up ...and also Did you no that in the book Fear and loathing in las vagas Hunter s thomson talks about when he whent to a bar in 1969 i think ...the bar was called the matrix he saw a band perform that night can u guess what the name of that song was ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gonzopunk (talk • contribs) 11:46, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Ed. Have replied over on the forum about the RSI & Matrix within a Matrix. Hadn't hear about the Matrix club in Fear and Loathing before though... what was the song? --xensyriaT 18:49, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
Hello! My name is Playsonic2, and I wanted to introduce myself as the Fandom Wiki Manager for Matrix Wiki. I am here simply to help the community when needed and be a liaison to full-time Fandom staff. If you or anyone else have a question or issue I may be able to assist with (wiki, templates, design, etc.) please feel free to drop a message in my talk page. Thank you! Playsonic2 14:39, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
- Cheers, will do! --xensyriaT 15:56, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
- That's good news (stuff like the improved diff engine will be great). Glad it seems like they're listening to you all and making changes for editors, not just focusing on ad revenue. --xensyriaT 11:34, June 21, 2019 (UTC)
- And some more news (they're keeping them coming this year!) ...Fandom just launched their official Discord server and lots of editors are joining to chat! In this blog post you can find more information, as well as a server invite link if you feel like joining. Lots of exciting things happening :) Playsonic2 ☎ 07:54, July 11, 2019 (UTC)
Community Manager Introduction
Hi Xensyria, my name is Antonio and I am a Community Manager of the TV/Movies vertical for Fandom. I wanted to introduce myself and see if you need anything, have any problems, or would like to share any ideas you have. As you may already know, our Community Org is changing. From now on our team will focus even more on building closer relationships with the communities, admins, and users.
We are here to support you and help make this community thrive. If you need anything, feel free to contact me or our Wiki Manager directly at any time. And just so you know, Wiki Managers might be more available than me on weekends.
I will be here together to Playsonic2 -Wiki Manager- for anything you need.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to hear back from you soon! :)--Antonio R. Castro 00:42, July 13, 2019 (UTC)
New Analytics Dashboard
Heya! I'm here to bring you some more news from Fandom, a big one - the new Analytics Admin Dashboard feature has just been introduced, giving admins access to interesting wiki data. You can now understand better how the wiki is doing and may plan certain things/make decisions based on what you can see there.
Visit Special:Analytics to check it out!
The page Help:Analytics dashboard was also made available if you have any questions about the feature. But please ask me if you have any other questions, as I’m in direct contact with staff and would be able to find out from them.
Re: Matrix 4
Fandom's Editor Rewards
Heya! I'm passing by to share yet another exciting announcement (mainly making sure these don't go unseen, particularly when they're relevant to dedicated editors like you.) This one is about Fandom's projects for Editor Rewards. You can find all the information in the blog, so not much else to add on my part. Feel free to go and check it if you wish, and comment over there if you have any questions/feedback.
While I'm here, I was glad to check in the page The Matrix 4 that Keanu Reeves will be back, hadn't seen that in the news yet. Though I suppose it's silly to imagine The Matrix without him, particularly now that he's an even bigger star. Playsonic2 ☎ 13:50, August 30, 2019 (UTC)
- Cheers for the update. Will try to connect with yourself and Antonio on Discord over the next few days! And yeah, exciting times. --xensyriaT 22:07, August 30, 2019 (UTC)
I'm stopping by with another update from Fandom. There is a blog with details on the Global Taxonomy project. This means that the "related pages" between different wikis should start becoming more connected based on the relationship between their content, similar to what services like Netflix do with recommendations of content based on what a person watched.
I need you to do two things for me, please
1. Fix the agent template from Agent Smith's page. 2. I need you to make sure nobody else ruins Agent Smith's page by putting a different image on it.
Here is the messed up template proof:
I need you to do two things for me, please
1. Fix the agent template from Agent Smith's page. 2. I need you to make sure nobody else ruins Agent Smith's page by putting a different image on it.
Here is the messed up template proof:
- Hi, thanks for the heads up – yes I am happy to prioritise fixing the Agent infobox (aiming to do this this weekend). As for the choice of image, I'll review the page history, but I would recommend that if you are concerned by this page in particular, that you follow the article with your watchlist, and turn on email notifications so that you're alerted whenever the page is edited. --xensyriaT 18:34, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
About that agent template...
- Less inclined to the more you push it ;) (also see SOFIXIT) --xensyriaT 12:00, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
Fandom update on the UCP
I'm back here to share a new blog post from Fandom regarding the upcoming changes to the platform -- it includes some context on the Unified Community Platform (UCP for short) and details on how the MediaWiki upgrade and feature changes will be happening in the next few months.
It's been quite a while, I'm stopping by real quick to check in seeing that today happens to be Matrix Wiki's anniversary. It seems it was created on June 16, 2006, so that's a whopping 14 years of the wiki being online.
Hope everything is going well over here. I don't have anything particularly new to report from Fandom, other than the fact that migration to the new version of MediaWiki with the UCP continues to be worked on, with the first few wikis already being migrated.
New book "Welcome to Our Real Matrix" soon to be published.
Welcome to Our Real Matrix
- Hi, have replied by email. --xensyriaT 19:46, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
New FandomDesktop Skin
Hi Xensyria! Howdy?
Looks like the new skin won't be going away and I have been trying to make some changes to the wiki's theme (for the light theme, mostly( and Main Page in order to prepare us for when it does come. Links for reference below:
Soon to be new skin: https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page?useskin=fandomdesktop Current skin: https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page?useskin=oasis
And here is the Main Page proposal I have been cooking up with the intention of it replacing the Main Page once the new skin rolls out. I also created this post here since it seemed like a good idea (since the new skin is still quite buggy).
- That looks good, thanks for doing it! I've been trying the new skin out for a while, and getting used to it gradually. Also happy for you to drop the Poll section from the front page if you want (I might contact Fandom to find out if there's a way to recover the data for the archive, but no need for it to be on the front page any more, unless you think it's worth reviving using a new method to boost engagement or something) - up to you. Would also be interested to chat/talk through with you the next steps as we move towards the release of Matrix 4 at some point. --xensyriaT 20:41, 14 June 2021 (UTC)
Thank you for everything!
I wanted to at least say farewell. And thank you for everything you've built. I will try to hold down the fort so that you can return anytime. Salute!