- For the Ultimate Matrix Collection DVD of the same, see Ultimate Matrix Collection: Disc Ten
The Zion Archives are supposedly a library, consisting of what history about Zion and its origins is available. It is seen in the Animatrix film The Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 in a strange psychedelic fashion, and in a more plain form through a monitor for the comic book story "Bits and Pieces of Information" as printed in The Matrix Comics Volume 1, where a search for "B1 TRIALS" displays information on the first murder by a machine.
- "We have only bits and pieces of information but what we know for certain is that at some point in the early twenty-first century all of mankind was united in celebration. We marveled at our own magnificence as we gave birth to AI... A singular consciousness that spawned an entire race of machines."
Path of Neo
An unlockable "level" called Zion Archives is available if you select the Spoon Atman Principle, which is available after clearing the Redpill Rescue: The Security Guard mission.
The level itself looks somewhat like the inside of a hovercraft, but with eight holograms containing discarded (mostly bizarre and surreal) character models from stages of the game that were cut:
- A pumpkin headed man
- The March Hare from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with earrings and a Niobe style red leather jacket
- A prancing cow (perhaps from the nursery "Hey Diddle Diddle"). With Morpheus' sunglasses and vest
- A Leprechaun looking somewhat like the Mad Hatter from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- A Vamp in a gold waistcoat (not cut)
- Neo wearing kung fu trousers
- A scaled down APU. Suggesting it was to be used in either an in-game cutscene, or as part of another game style for another level, or perhaps both.
- A masochistic woman from the Downside Up and Redpill Rescue: The Key levels (not cut)
Unusually, their code (which can be seen when pausing) is gold like Neo's not the ordinary green or even occasional red / blue.
This can only be considered a "level" in a very loose sense of the term. Neo has no offensive capabilities; he can only run and jump. The level is built with four small cubes, containing two of the cut models. Focus is also absent from this area.