- For the Ultimate Matrix Collection DVD of the same, see Ultimate Matrix Collection: Disc Ten
The Zion Archives are supposedly a library, consisting of what history about Zion and its origins is available. It is seen in the Animatrix film The Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 in a strange psychedelic fashion, and in a more plain form through a monitor for the comic book story "Bits and Pieces of Information" as printed in The Matrix Comics Volume 1, where a search for "B1 TRIALS" displays information on the first murder by a machine.
- "We have only bits and pieces of information but what we know for certain is that at some point in the early twenty-first century all of mankind was united in celebration. We marveled at our own magnificence as we gave birth to AI... A singular consciousness that spawned an entire race of machines."
Path of Neo[edit | edit source]
The level itself looks somewhat like the inside of a hovercraft, but with eight holograms containing discarded (mostly bizarre and surreal) character models from stages of the game that were cut:
- A pumpkin headed man
- The March Hare from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with earrings and a Niobe style red leather jacket
- A prancing cow (perhaps from the nursery "Hey Diddle Diddle"). With Morpheus' sunglasses and vest
- A Leprechaun looking somewhat like the Mad Hatter from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- A Vamp in a gold waistcoat (not cut)
- Neo wearing kung fu trousers
- A scaled down APU. Suggesting it was to be used in either an in-game cutscene, or as part of another game style for another level, or perhaps both.
- A masochistic woman from the Downside Up and Redpill Rescue: The Key levels (not cut)
Unusually, their code (which can be seen when pausing) is gold like Neo's not the ordinary green or even occasional red / blue.
This can only be considered a "level" in a very loose sense of the term. Neo has no offensive capabilities; he can only run and jump. The level is built with four small cubes, containing two of the cut models. Focus is also absent from this area.